Hi all! Join me over at Tater Tots and Jello where I’m sharing a tutorial on how to make this monster/Frankenstein trick-or-treat bag.
He could easily be turned into a beanbag, pillow, or smaller treat bags too. Who doesn’t need some of those?!? :)
A big thank you to Tater Tots and Jello for letting me come and play today!!
Sometimes it takes some serious willpower to stop creating in order to take photos and post. Today I mustered up the will and photographed a few of the Halloween projects I finished up this week.
I’m working up the courage and skill level to take on a few twin size quilts — the kind with actual batting and binding. [shudder] Sounds scary. I thought I’d better start off with a couple of small projects and work my way up. I’m a picky perfectionist and so far quilting has been a fun but frustrating journey. An addictive one, too.
The patchwork squares are two and a half inches with a three inch border (19″x19″ finished).
I also made a few more pumpkins using the pattern I shared last year. They are quick to whip up. I’m pretty sure everyone I know owns one of my pumpkins now. They, too, are addictive. I’m done for the season, though, because I ran out of stuffing and crafty funds. Boo.
I’m getting better at this pillow making thing. This one is fully lined with a fab purple zipper down the back. It’s the first zipper closure pillow I’ve made. It’s a milestone worth sharing, moving up from envelope style to zipper, right? I didn’t even have to pick. The stars must have aligned that day because my seam ripper usually ends up being a part of every project at some point.
I also made a quick wood craft. I was checking out the cutest candy corn decorations my sister-in-law had on her mantel at my niece’s birthday earlier this month. I was thrilled when I later found similar unfinished candy corns at The Wood Connection for $1.25 each and grabbed them up. I painted the fronts and backs (each back is one of the three colors shown on the front). After the paint dried, I quickly applied a walnut stain and then used a cloth to wipe it off. And that’s it. Quick and easy. I thought of adding raffia but didn’t have any. It might have been attractive. Guess we’ll never know.