20 Free Patterns for Kids Dress Up Fun
We’ve been trading babysitting for date nights weekly with my brother and sister-in-law. They have four cute little girls that love to dress up. My oldest wasn’t ever into the dress up thing so we are lacking in dress up clothes around here. I’d love to have a collection of clothes for them to use when they come over and hopefully get my two year old excited to do a little make-believe play with too. Here’s a collection of free patterns I’ve put together to get started.
1) First up is this sweet mermaid tail by Made by Marzipan. My nieces have mentioned that they’d love to dress up like the Little Mermaid. I have a top I made for my daughter last time we went to Disneyland but a mermaid tail just seems like a must to be the Little Mermaid.
2) Up next is this adorable poodle skirt by One Creative Housewife. Every little girl should have one of these in her dress up box. It’s a classic.
3) Craftiness Is Not Optional has a tutorial for this magical unicorn horn. What a fun idea!
4) We love Sherlock around here. This detective costume from Martha Stewart is perfect.
5) This sweet Dorthy Dress by What’s Mummy Up To makes me smile and want to click my heels three times.
6) Every dress up box needs a superhero cape, too. Vanilla Joy has a superhero cape pattern with logos.
7) You need a mask to go with your cape, of course. These super hero party masks by Cutesty Crafts got you covered.
8) I want one of these Little Red Riding Hood capes from Stitched by Crystal for myself. So cute!
9) You need a wolf to go with Little Red. This Faux Fur Hood from Lemon Squeezy Home is perfect.
10) Maker*land’s butterfly wings are super adorable, too. Better add them to the dress up box.
11) If you are looking for princess dresses, Fab n’ Free has already put a list of 20 free patterns together for you.
12) Don’t forget your princess hat. Here’s a super cute princess hat from Sun Scholars.
13) Every princess needs a prince. Made has it covered with this reversible hooded cape.
14) Wine and Glue has a sweet Knight Helmet any little boy (or girl) would get excited over.
15) Your knight will need a shield too. A Jennuine Life has you covered.
16) Pretty Prudent has some pretty amazing bird wings perfect for make believe.
17) My son and his friends like to knock on our front door and arrest me. Ha! The little police man hat from Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts would be fun for them.
18) Polka Dot Chair has a fun Quidditch Robe tutorial for all Harry Potter fans.
20) For all the little builders out there, we need a construction worker vest by All Free Holiday Crafts.
That’s it for today, guys. I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. If you have a pattern/tutorial of your own that would fit on this list, post a link in the comments. I’d love to check it out!